CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 13, 2012

July 1st and 9th 2012


July 1, 2012

Hello Everyone,
I feel like I haven't heard from any of you but Sam in a really long time. Thank you Sam! I know that part of it is my fault because I haven't been the best at writing everyone back!  I’m sorry for that! BUT I would really love to hear from all of you more! I really miss knowing what is going on with you!
Things here in Livermore are great! I really love the two wards that I'm working with. It’s weird because it feels a lot like Utah other than the fact that there are more people here that really don't like missionaries then there in Utah.
So this week was soso!  I could have gotten a lot more done, but everyone canceled on us multiple days even for dinner! It was really weird we only taught one or two people those days and those lessons were rock star lessons! The spirit being the star of course. The Lord cleared our day so that we could be where he needed us. He truly knows what we need to do; sometimes it's just hard to figure it out. We need to humble ourselves and realize that we really have to turn it over to the Lord. Everything to the Lord!
Ok everyone,  I have homework for you. Look up the talk "Be Ware Of Pride" It is such a good talk and will really help you feel the love the Lord has for you.
Funny story time! We were visiting some less actives that lived out in the country, we were walking back to the car, and it was dark!  You all know how much I love the dark! Well Sister Satini came up behind me and with her nails graded the back of my calf! I almost kick her in the head and did my little freak out thing, where I wave my hands and scream and the top of my lungs. Sister Satini was almost on the ground she was laughing so hard! The Dad and the family came running out with a gun which is even funnier because the only thing in “the wild” out there is squirrels.  I thought you might enjoy that story. : )

"For spirituality to grow stronger and more available, it must be planted in a righteous environment. Haughtiness, pride, and conceit are like stony ground that will never produce spiritual fruit.
“Humility is a fertile soil where spirituality grows and produces the fruit of inspiration to know what to do. It gives access to divine power to accomplish what must be done. An individual motivated by a desire for praise or recognition will not qualify to be taught by the Spirit. An individual who is arrogant or who lets his or her emotions influence decisions will not be powerfully led by the Spirit."
Don't just let the Lord have a hand in your life give it to him! I love you all! 
Stay strong, Sister Cannaday

July 9, 2012
Happy 4th of July,
This week has really been full of ups and downs. The 4th of July was a really great day we did a lot of serves and ended up having hamburgers for lunch and dinner with members! Over all it really was a great day full of fun! But... I really missed the people I love the most!  I MISS YOU MY DEAR FAMILY!  I'm super excited to get to come home and have a giant water fight!
Because everyone has been out of town missionary work has been really slow which is no good when you miss you family. I also eat something Thursday night that didn't not like my stomach at all so Friday I spent most of my day asleep on the bathroom floor! Not a fun day! It was a blessing that we didn't have to cancel on many people, but the best part was that I had all day to read my scriptures, ( well try to read, when I wasn't super nauseous)!  I have been reading in the New Testament, if you haven't read the New Testament in a while than you should! It just blows my mind how wonderful Christ is and how much we can learn from him. HE really is the greatest example that there is.
            We met a old couple recently and one of the things they told me was "I have never met a Mormon I didn't think was just the nicest person"  I almost jumped for joy. But that means that we need to keep that up we need to live what we learn and what we teach those around us because what if you were that "But one" that closed someones heart to the message of the truth Jesus said, 

7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their amouth, and bhonoureth me with their lips; but their cheart is far from me.
 9 But in vain they do aworship me, teaching for bdoctrines the ccommandments of men.
 10 ¶And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
 11 Not that which goeth into the mouth adefileth a man; but that which cometh out of the bmouth, this defileth a man.

Don't let what you do be in vain truly be the example of a believer and those around you will see the happiness that it brings and wont that for themselves, but don't only do it so others can see but find the desired to do it because you love God.

I love you all and thank you for your pays I really need them! 

-Sister Cannaday


0 comments:

Post a Comment