CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 10, 2012

September 4th 2012


September 4th 2012
Hi everyone, sorry that I didn't email last week. Our mission president took my zone and the zone next to ours to the beach to play all day and there was no computer there so that means no e-mail. I would have warned you, but we didn't know until that Saturday night. It was a lot of fun we drove an hour south and spent the night in the mission home and then all drove to the beach in the morning. It was a lot of fun to see our mission president in his PJs eating ice cream right before he went to bed. There are only six sisters in the two zones so we all got to drive down with Sister Watkins and send a lot of time talking it was really fun. Last Monday was awesome mostly because we just laid around and did nothing. It was really nice not to have a thousand things to be doing or running around crunched for time. It was really just a good day.
      This week has been a long hard one full of ups and some really low down. One thing I have come to learn is that this is the hardest thing I have ever done and that I’m still really full of the love of God. When things get hard that doesn’t mean that that joy is gone but that it is when you need it the most!
 "The feeling of love from our Heavenly Father is like a gravitational pull from heaven. As we remove the distractions that pull us toward the world and exercise our agency to seek Him, we open our hearts to a celestial force which draws us toward Him. Nephi described its impact as “even unto the consuming of [his] flesh” (2 Nephi 4:21). This same power of love caused Alma to sing a “song of redeeming love” (Alma 5:26; see also verse 9). It touched Mormon in such a way that he counseled us to “pray … with all the energy of [our] heart” that we might be filled with His love (Moroni 7:48)" 
There have been so many moments here on my mission where I feel like my heart is so big that it is just going to leap out of my chest! I know that for the first time in my life my focus is helping others and my self come closer to God.
I want you all to know that I love you and miss you. Sorry I cant write you back right away but your letters do mean the world to me thank you for your support and your and prayers.
Sister Cannaday
Al and Brooke- I lost your address will you give it to me I want to tell you thank you for the photos.
Love you Jenni!

0 comments:

Post a Comment