CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My First Week In The Field! Nov 29, 2011


Hi everyone how was your Thanksgiving? Thanks for the letters they are wonderful to get.
      My new area is Morgen Hill, and I love it here! All the people are really nice, for the most part, and the town is so small that the biggest store is Target. The weather is beautiful! It's just chilly enough and just right to make the leaves change color right now. My trainers name is Sister Taulogo she is from Hawaii and is super funny! We laugh all the time and every now and then I randomly get tackled to the ground. (It's all out of love.I think...) The house I'm in is part of a members home and it's really big! I have been told that it's the mecca of all missionary apartments and I believe it.  Oh and the ward member feed us every night. : ) 
      I spent thanksgiving with a family in the ward here that reminded me A LOT of our family a few years ago. They are a big family with 6 kids the oldest is married and has two little ones that were running around. They poke each other and, stab each other with forks, and the little ones where playing under the table. But the part that made it feel the most like home was ...... The throwing of the rolls!! NO one passed them they just flew though the air like it was the most common thing in the world. Good times! I felt like I was at home. Oh and Brooke I ate more green bean casserole than anything else.
   The work is starting to pick up and some of the investigators that other missionaries taught we are now able to go teach and create a relationship with them, which is really cool. On Sunday I got to bare my testimony to the ward and tell them a little about myself. While I was talking a boy walked in, looked around, and sat down towards the back of the room. We got to talk to him after and he said that he has been in a dark place for a long time and would like to come back to a church and feel that light again. Well... he stayed for all three hours and came with us to the gospel principles class! They taught about baptisms for the dead in a way that made it clear to understand! He ask if he could come with them to the temple and do baptisms too? Wow! We explained that we could go to the temple but not inside and he still wants to go. We are taking him on Saturday so I get to go to the Oakland Temple!!! How cool!?
    After church he told us about his sister and her family and asked if they could come with him next week to church, we calmly said that we would love for her and her family to come, but inside I was jumping for joy.
    Later that night we had sometime before the first appointment and were visiting some old investigators and came across a girl named Amber so we dropped in on her and guess what... it was his sister and because he loved church so much and told her about it she is going to come and bring her mom, husband, and son. And to top it off she asked us if we could give her a Book of Mormon to read for next time! That was way cool! We also are teaching her on Wednesday and then again on Saturday!!!!
    The Lord is GREAT and is putting the right people here and us in the right places for us to teach them. I love this work. 
I love you all and you are all in my prayers!  
Love,
 Sister Cannaday 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment