CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 16, 2012

February 14th


Happy Valentines Day Everyone,
         I hope your day is full of love from your family and for the Lord. I have had a fantastic week full of work and joy. On Sunday I had the chance to sing in a missionary fireside it was really fun and the first time that I have sung in front of people in a long time. I forgot how much I love to do it. Sadly it was in a chapel so it couldn’t be record and sent for all of you to hear.
         I have loved my district so far on my mission! Sadly this week we were broken up four of the missionaries either went home or were transferred it was a big bummer! P-day will not be the same with out them.
         This week was a little yucky because Sis. T got sick with a cold and as she got better I came down with it. But we still went out everyday and served the Lord. I know the Lord gives you strength when you really need it. I was told a story by Sister T his week about the Hawaii temple. When she was in the MTC a speaker came and told them a story from his mission in Japan. It went something like this… One day they were knocking doors and we found a man that said, "Oh you are the ones that have that special white protected building in Hawaii" the man was one of the bombers in pearl harbor after he had hit his targets he was flying around the island and saw the temple he thought is look important and had some bombs left. He flew over and hit the switch to release the bombs, but it didn't work he flew over again and it still didn't work he flew over a third time and the same thing it wouldn’t release the bombs. He then flew over the ocean hit the switch and the bombs dropped. He went back determined to get this building and the switch didn't work again. He gave up after that. The man then asked what has the name of the God that we pray to because it would be nice to have him on his side. The Lord blesses us in ways that sometimes we never know. The people in the temple never knew that were in danger and the Lord protected them. There are so many things that we should be thankful for that we don't even know are happening. Be grateful this week for those you love, I know that I am so happy to be a part of our family. Just so everyone knows last night I came home to a box full of flowers from Troy! I love that boy! I know we are doing the right thing by serving the Lord. I'm one lucky girl! I hope you all have a great week and remember that our Heavenly Father loves you.
Love, Sister Cannaday


0 comments:

Post a Comment