CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 16, 2012

February 7th


Hello Family and Friends,
         This week has been great for me! I hope has been just as good for all of you as it has been for Sister Taugolo and I! After you have been on you mission for a little while you forget everything that you have written home about and mission life comes to feel normal. It my feel normal but I will never take it for granted, I love the special spirit that we carry with us as missionaries! There are no words that could really express how you feel as a missionary. There are plenty of hard times, but they seam to fade and the really great moments where the sprit is strong stay in your heart and keep your feet moving. I love being a missionary!
         This week we got to teach a girl named Tori I'm not sure if I have told you about her yet but she is seventeen and is looking for the truth. It is so neat to see the light bulbs go off as we teach. Something I’m still learning is to make sure that we are asking the right questions. We have been teaching Tori for three weeks and she has felt the spirit and know she has, but she doesn’t know if she is getting answers to her prayers. We had taught her how to pray and what the spirit feels like, but we forgot to tell her that if she asks God if something is true and then she feels that spirit that it is testifying of the truth to her. After we told her that it made sense and she knew that her answers were been answered. Ok. Example number two we are teaching a 50 something year old woman named Nina that is progressing great but had some questions about baptism. She asked, "Where do you get baptized" I answered her " Oh there is a big bathtub like font in the meeting house where you came to church."
Her eyes got really big Nina, " Do we do it in private?"  Me, "NO you invite whomever you want to come" Her eyes got bigger. Then the light bulb went off in my head, she thought she got baptized naked!!!  When I realized the misunderstanding I yelped "Oh No! You wear clothes! You wear close!" her face went back to normal and Sister T and I apologized that we didn't explain it every well. Once we got the car we busted up with laughter.        
          I also got peed on this week… because a puppy was so happy to see us. It has been a week to remember. I love you all and I hope everything is going well.
Love, Sister Cannaday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment