CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 9, 2012

April 6th 2012


     I am now learning to speak Spanish! I love it and the Lord is blessing me in so many ways! I have only been studying Spanish for two weeks and I can read Spanish, slowly, say a very simple pray and testimony and I understand about 75 % of the conversations in our lessons. I know that it is Heavenly Father trying to make this a little easier for me. This also means that we have a lot to do and I'm also the Sr. companion. I have no clue how we are going to do this, but the lord will provide away if we have faith in him. I have been praying a lot and asking ‘how in the world we are going to do this?’ In personal study the first day I opened up to Alma 37 :40 “And it did work for them according to their faith in God; therefore, if they had faith to believe that God could cause that those spindles should point the way they should go, behold, it was done; therefore they had this miracle, and also many other miracles wrought by the power of God, day by day." (The Lord answered my prayers! The only way that we can do this is by listening to the sprit and being guided everywhere we go!)
41 “Nevertheless, because those miracles were worked by small means it did show unto them marvelous works." …(That by doing the little thing we are going to make the big impacted on those around us.) ..." They were slothful and forgot to exercise their faith and diligence and then those marvelous works ceased, and they did not progress in their journey. 
42 “Therefore, they tarried in the wilderness, or did not travel a direct course, and were afflicted with hunger and thirst, because of their transgressions. (If we don't go forward with faith were aren't going to go anywhere with anyone that we teach. We wont be able to be there for them when the Lord has prepared them to hear what we have to say.)
I love when we find answers your payers in the scriptures! He really is there and He really is listening to what we ask, we just have to truly seek after the answers.
         This week we went to the store and my new companion was trying on a dress; by the way I love my new companion we get along like two pees in a pod! :), I was sitting outside the dressing room and a girl the worked there saw me and I said "Hi" she than said “You are with the Mormon church right?" that put a great big smile on my face. "Yea I am! How do you know that?" " Well I went there once" ... This started a great conversation about the church and she stared to tell me how it could be true but she never prayed about it to know and she wished she had. I got her number and told her I would call her and right before I got up to leave she told me "Thank you for smiling at me and being a nice I know you must have been a Mormon because you are so nice and I just really needed it today."  Heavenly father puts you where you need to be when you need to be there. He really will direct your path if you just ask him to. I can promise that the road he will put you on is so much better then the one you would pick for yourself. Even if you would be happy on the one you pick there is just no words for the joy you will find on the one He is saving for you.
         I know that this church is true and that the Lord knows and loves each of us. Never forget that the world may turn their back on you but you have the almighty God on your side. I love you all and pray for you every night. Thank you for everything you do!
- Love, Sister Cannaday


0 comments:

Post a Comment