CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 20, 2012


May 20 2012

Hey everyone things are going great here! We have a baptism with a Sister that has been taking the lessons for years here in Livermore and Nina from Morgan Hill is being baptized as well! It's so cool to be a part of this exciting time in their lives. These are the kind of weeks when it’s great to be a missionary.

I'm learning that every area you work in is so different and that some of the things you did before no longer work in this new area! Being here in Livermore is really helping me grow and develop my teaching skills. It's been a very humbling experience going from knowing the ward, roads, companion, and investigators to not knowing a darn thing! At least what I’m teaching hasn’t changed and it’s still true. I have really had to rely on the Lord this last week in all that I have done. It's been a little hard but, hard things aren't bad hard things are just hard, and I can do hard things. Just so you know prayer works and it's amazing.

On a happier note today I was shopping looking for Cheerios and couldn’t find where they were in the new store and without realizing I had made up a song to the tune of " A Poor War Faring Man of Grief" about trying to fine my “beloved Honey Nut Cheerios”. A worker turned to me and asked, " What are you on and can I have some?" It was the prefect opportunity to tell her about how happy the gospel makes my everyday life.

I hope everyone is having a great week and please please PLEASE keep doing all the little things we are asked to do. Sometimes we see people that have stopped coming to church and just go off the deep end and you think I'm ever going to be like that. Well I can promise you that I all starts with not doing the little things we are asked to do. If you are a parent and you don't want your children to leave the church do the same things with them, That’s really how you build a testimony you can stand on forever. Be good,
 Sister Cannaday.


0 comments:

Post a Comment