CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Nov 26th


November 26th
Hi everyone! This week I really did have a lot to be thankful for.
   My Thanksgiving was wonderful I ate so much that I was in pain. There was this sweet big family of 8 that signed up to feed us months ago and three other families that wouldn't take no for an answer so we had 4 dinners. It was crazy, but so much fun and they all tasted so different but they were all very yummy. The people are so nice here they really love the missionaries.
     This week was great because we saw miracles happen. We have this one young man that has been coming to church for a while and has just started taking the lessons he reminds me of Joseph Smith. He is only 16, but he wants the light in his life so badly. He wasn't sure that his prayers were being answered, so this week we were going to fast with him on Sunday. Saturday he told us that he had had a answer to his prayers and that he wants to be baptized.
        We were also teaching this great woman who has a smoking problem. We have been praying that she would have a desire to quit. We thought a lesson from 1 Nephi 3:7 about how the Lord will help us keep commandments then we explained the word of wisdom and asked her to follow it. She told us she had already decided that day that she was going to quit smoking. I love this work with pray it always moves forward.
   I really want to tell my family how much I love them! Thank you for all the wonderful Thanksgivings that we had and thank you for all the traditions that we have together it really means the world to me now that I'm so far away. I really have found a lot of strength in that.  Mom and Dad thank you for giving us all those great traditions like of stuffing the turkey and making the pie I know that those are all thing that I'm going to carry over in to my family that I have.  
    Everyone there really is so much joy found in living to gospel and please don't take it for granted! Never just be ok with where you are spiritually. You should always be moving, make that movement closer to Christ. Spending time with family is part of the gospel that’s why this season lifts so many people’s spirits. Take advantage of this great gift. I love you all and hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
-Sister Cannaday

0 comments:

Post a Comment